Monday, February 22, 2016

Savory Buckwheat Crepes with Garden Greens and Chicken Filling

I made this dish a few months ago. I guess I found the recipe for the crepes on Pinterest or something. and then came up with the filling on my own. I thought it tasted really good. If I remember right, my boys weren't really into it. But I took the leftovers for lunch when I volunteered in Childwatch at the Y. My friend whom I work with thought it was pretty tasty. I had forgotten all about this dish, until she mentioned it a couple days ago. I was happily surprised to see that I actually managed to write down the ingredients and include the link for the crepes!

Filling:

Assorted Greens from garden (sweet potato leaves, mustard greens, kale)
2 Tbs each, minced parsley and basil
1/2 large onion
2 garlic cloves
Two chicken breasts from a rotisserie chicken, diced
salt and pepper to taste

So, I'm pretty sure that I sauted the onion and then the garlic until soft. Then added the greens and herbs and sauted for a couple minutes, then added the chicken until warmed through, and seasoned it.

I think I then made a sauce (either a white sauce with a roux, or thickened with corn starch) and infused with rosemary. I remember the rosemary was too strong, but everything else was pretty good.

Buckwheat Crepes

No comments: